Dr. Jerry Dixon has been a General Surgery and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy specialist for over 25 years and has performed thousands of procedures. If you want a knowledgeable and skilled doctor who is also “down to earth” and compassionate, Dr. Dixon is right for you. Having grown up in Benton and raised his own children there, Dr Dixon is widely known in Saline County. His reputation often precedes him as he has cared for members of many families from the area. It is common to see him at community events, ball games and Chamber of Commerce events. He believes in being a part of the community and being approachable and available to his patients.
He is a terrific teacher which empowers patients to be able to improve their health or recovery. Dr. Dixon will always ask to pray with you before surgery. His communication to family members who are waiting throughout surgery is prompt and understandable. While Dr. Dixon’s patient is hospitalized, he usually visits twice a day. This practice is valuable when recovery is progressing and possible changes in treatment are necessary.
- Arkansas State Medical Board 1994-present
- American Board of Surgery, Fellowship 1993- present
- Southwestern Surgical Congress, Fellowship
- Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI 1988-1992 (General Surgery Residency)
- Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI 1987-1988 (Internship)
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences 1983-1987
- University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences 1980-1981 (Dentistry)
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock 1979-1980
- United States Military Academy, West Point 1970-1974
- Benton High School 1970